Staying safe at work should be every worker’s number one priority.
We must keep safety in mind every day to ensure the continued safety of ourselves and our co-workers in the workplace. These 12 simple tips below will help you to stay safe at work every day.
12 Tips for Staying Safe at Work:
- Get Training – learn how to follow the rules and work safely
- Be Supervised – Ensure your supervisor is available for any questions you may have
- Wear the Gear – use your protective equipment as required
- Identify Risks – report any unsafe practices/situations to your supervisor
- If you don’t know, ask – there are no dumb questions
- Do Your Job – Don’t do anything you’ve been told not to do
- Follow the Safety Rules – If you don’t know the safety rules, ask your supervisor
- Report Hazards – tell your supervisor if you see anything hazardous
- If You’re Hurt – No matter how minor, report all injuries to your supervisor/employer
- Talk to Your Family – Tell them what you do at work. Let them know if something’s wrong
- Be Honest – if a task is too much for you, say so. Don’t attempt anything you can’t handle
- Never Assume – don’t assume you can do something without instruction or supervision