One of the best ways to become inspired is to look to the people that inspire you. If you are looking for personal or career inspiration look no further than the words below from some of the most inspirational people in the world.
Below are 20 of our favourite inspirational quotes. These words come from many different inspirational figures from different periods of time and are perfect for motivating us today!
20 Inspirational Quotes
1. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.” – Soren Kierkegaard
2. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” –Joshua Marine
3. “The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
4. “Only a mediocre person is always at their best.” – W. Somerset Maugham
5. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
6. “There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.” – Indira Gandhi
7. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something–your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
8. “I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.” – Rudyard Kipling
9. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Often the difference between a successful man and a failure is not one’s better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on his ideas, to take a calculated risk, and to act.” – Maxwell Maltz
11. “Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do. With such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling.” – Vincent Van Gogh
12. “Whether you think that you can, or that you can’t, you are usually right.” – Henry Ford
13. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
14. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. ” – J.K. Rowling
15. “Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day’s work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your widest ambition.” – Sir William Osler
16. “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
17. “Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
19. “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.” – Thomas A. Edison
20. “A man is the sum of his actions, of what he has done, of what he can do, Nothing else.” – Mahatma Gandhi
These 20 inspirational quotes from leaders and entrepreneurs are the words we can turn to in order to light a fire in our own lives. Let these musings inspire you and help you in your personal and/or career life.